Alajuela & San Jose
Private Tour: Cartago Highlights + Irazu Volcano + Orosi Valley
- Departure from : Alajuela & San Jose
- Tour time : 07:00
- Duration : Full Day
- Difficulty Level : Easy
- Minimum Age : 5+
- Notes :
Enjoy the beautiful Cartago Province with this private tour. Visit the summit of the Irazu Volcano, sitting at 11,260 feet (3,432 m), making it the highest active volcano in Costa Rica. Learn about it's history about it's past intense volcanic activity.
Visit the beautiful countryside and the Orosi Valley where the symbolic Iglesia de San jose de Orosi, built in 1743 and is the oldest church in the country still in use today. The church's whitewashed walls and classic Spanish-colonial architecture are a testament to the long hours and artistic dedication that went into this church's design.
Continuing the journey, we visit the Spanish colonial church which was built between 1575 =1580, and the Las Ruinas de Ujarras ruins which are surrounded by a beautiful garden and is a perfect place for learning about the spanish settlements. Continuing to Cachi Lake, and La Basilica de Los Angeles before enjoying a beautiful scenic lunch.
- Visit various main attractions in one day
- Irazu volcano, Churches, Ruins, Valleys
- Nice scenic drive through towns and Valleys
- Delicious Lunch
- Private Round trip transportation
- Bilingual Guide
- Entrance fees
- Water Bottle
What to Bring
- Comfortable Clothing
- Hiking/Running Shoes
- Insect Repellent
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- All tours are subject to availability.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- All cancellations must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 72 hours before the tour to receive a full refund.
- Any changes to tours must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 24 hours before the tour, and is subject to availability.
- From December 15th – January 5th (Holiday Season) cancellations must be received at least 7 days before the tour to receive a full refund.
- For events beyond our control we may change to a more-suitable tour with an equal or similar adventure-appeal or offer other tour options, so you don`t miss out on a fun day in Costa Rica. We reserve the right to cancel a trip due to unfavorable conditions & will only run a tour according to our policies. Full refund is given if (on rare occasion) no tour is run.
- No shows of any services purchased, are considered as cancellations and are non-refundable.
- Once travel commences there will be no refunds made on unused portions.
Other Tours from Alajuela & San Jose
- 1-2 hours