Horseback Riding to La Oropendola Waterfall & Las Pailas
- Departure from : Guanacaste
- Tour time : 08:30, 10:00, 12:00
- Duration : Half Day
- Difficulty Level : Easy
- Minimum Age : 4+
- Notes : * Tour Available from Tuesday – Sunday
Ride to La Oropendola Waterfall & Las Pailas Trail on Horseback
Enjoy a perfect day tour in Guanacaste hiking in the Rincon de la Vieja National Park, horseback riding, and visiting the spectacular Oropendola Waterfall.
From Hotel Hacienda Guachipelin, you ride 45 minutes on a pleasant forest trail to the Las Pailas entrance of the Rincon de la Vieja National Park. Meaning “the cauldrons” in Spanish, the Las Pailas area spectacularly shows off the awesome power of the Rincon de la Vieja Volcano, the largest and most active volcano in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Steam and sulfur pour out of the yellow and rust-colored ground at natural fumaroles. Clay and coffee-colored pools boil with hot volcanic water. Smooth gray volcanic mud bubbles and explodes in large pits. It’s an experience like no other volcano in Costa Rica.
Hiking in the Rincon de la Vieja National Park on the Las Pailas loop trail takes you 2.5 miles (3.5 kilometers) through dry tropical forest to see the best views of the volcano, incredible nature, volcanic activity, and wildlife. You cross little rivers and see small waterfalls along the trail. Our bilingual naturalist guide points out many of the 300 bird species that live here and many other animals, like white-faced, howler, and spider monkeys, armadillos, collared peccaries, iguanas, snakes, or white-nosed coatis.
When you finish your hike, you are ready for a refreshing swim in the Oropendola Waterfall. It is a short walk from the national park entrance on a trail with varying terrain to get down to the river bottom. The Oropendola Waterfall plunges an impressive 82 feet (25 meters) to a sparkling turquoise pool in the lush canyon of the Rio Blanco (White River), creating a picturesque tropical oasis.
- Hiking in the Rincn de la Vieja National Park
- Horseback riding
- See incredible nature, volcanic activity and wildlife
- Swim in the Oropendula Waterfall
- Private round-trip transportation
- Entrance Fees
- Billingual Guide
What to Bring
- Long pants
- Comfortable clothes
- Closed-toe shoes
- Swin Suit
- Insect repellent
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- All tours are subject to availability.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- All cancellations must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 72 hours before the tour to receive a full refund.
- Any changes to tours must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 24 hours before the tour, and is subject to availability.
- From December 15th – January 5th (Holiday Season) cancellations must be received at least 7 days before the tour to receive a full refund.
- For events beyond our control we may change to a more-suitable tour with an equal or similar adventure-appeal or offer other tour options, so you don`t miss out on a fun day in Costa Rica. We reserve the right to cancel a trip due to unfavorable conditions & will only run a tour according to our policies. Full refund is given if (on rare occasion) no tour is run.
- No shows of any services purchased, are considered as cancellations and are non-refundable.
- Once travel commences there will be no refunds made on unused portions.
Other Tours from Guanacaste
- Moderate and Difficult