Arenal Volcano & La Fortuna
Arenal Volcano Hike
- Departure from : Arenal Volcano & La Fortuna
- Tour time : 07:30, 13:30
- Duration : 1-2 hours
- Difficulty Level : Easy
- Minimum Age : 6+
- Notes :
Enjoy the most extraordinary view of Arenal Volcano on a gentle hike along the base of this marvelous mountain. The hike begins in one of the trails that will take you through the forest and over the large lava flow from the eruption of 1968, now in the process of regeneration. While watching the volcano and taking pictures, our tour guide will share some history and information about the area and the volcano's activity. You can also get to see, touch, and walk on dried up lava flow from a smaller eruption that happened in 1992. This hike provides perfect photo opportunities and magnificent views of the impressive Arenal Volcano, the pristine Lake Arenal and the extinct volcano Cerro Chato. We have chosen the appropriate trails (National Park or a different Arenal reserve) for each tour time for better wildlife viewing. There are parts of each trail that has forested areas where your nature guide will try to spot birds, monkeys and other animals in their natural habitat. Kids, families and all nature lovers enjoy this Arenal Volcano tour for the gorgeous views and opportunities for wildlife viewing.
- Arenal Volcano Hike and view point
- Observation of old lava flows
- Nice scenic drive through forest and farms
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Round-trip Transportation
- Bilingual Guide
- Volcano Hike Entrance Fee
What to Bring
- Comfortable Clothing
- Walking shoes
- Rain Coat if needed
- Light sweater
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- All tours are subject to availability.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- All cancellations must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 72 hours before the tour to receive a full refund.
- Any changes to tours must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 24 hours before the tour, and is subject to availability.
- From December 15th – January 5th (Holiday Season) cancellations must be received at least 7 days before the tour to receive a full refund.
- For events beyond our control we may change to a more-suitable tour with an equal or similar adventure-appeal or offer other tour options, so you don`t miss out on a fun day in Costa Rica. We reserve the right to cancel a trip due to unfavorable conditions & will only run a tour according to our policies. Full refund is given if (on rare occasion) no tour is run.
- No shows of any services purchased, are considered as cancellations and are non-refundable.
- Once travel commences there will be no refunds made on unused portions.
Other Tours from Arenal Volcano & La Fortuna