Arenal Volcano & La Fortuna
Arenal Volcano Hike + La Fortuna Waterfalls + Eco Termales Hot Springs
- Departure from : Arenal Volcano & La Fortuna
- Tour time : 11:00
- Duration : Full Day
- Difficulty Level : Easy
- Minimum Age : 6+
- Notes :
Enjoy the most extraordinary view of Arenal Volcano on a gentle hike along the base of this marvelous mountain. The hike begins in one of the trails that will take you through the forest and over the large lava flow from the eruption of 1968, now in the process of regeneration. While watching the volcano and taking pictures, our tour guide will share some history and information about the area and the volcano's activity. You can also get to see, touch, and walk on dried up lava flow from a smaller eruption that happened in 1992. This hike provides perfect photo opportunities and magnificent views of the impressive Arenal Volcano, the pristine Lake Arenal and the extinct volcano Cerro Chato. We have chosen the appropriate trails (National Park or a different Arenal reserve) for each tour time for better wildlife viewing. There are parts of each trail that has forested areas where your nature guide will try to spot birds, monkeys and other animals in their natural habitat.
We'll then head over to the La Fortuna Waterfalls to experience a biological reserve with an area of 210 acres of transition premontane tropical wet forest, part of the Arenal Volcano National Park and is located at 520 meters over the sea level, where there are sources of our mountains and the waters of the Fortuna River. Within this sector is the Cerro de los Perdidos, Placas de Mayo and Cerro Chato, which are based on rocky foundations of great geological value, causing in turn a lush and scenic beauty.
To observe this splendid 70 meters high waterfall, visitors must pass a path of approximately 530 steps, which offers greater security to its passage and comfortable areas for rest and hydration through a forest with native trees of the area. Once in front of the waterfall, you will find a spacious and comfortable vantage point from which you can freeze your memories using unique and previously unpublished photographs, and finally take a refreshing swim in the clear waters of the Fortuna River, with an only witness (the River Fortune waterfall).
Then it's time to head to the EcoTermales Hot Springs to enjoy 2 hot springs pool areas with a bar, locker rooms, restaurant & family-style, and easy-going atmosphere. Enjoy a delicious dinner at the resort before being transported back to your hotel.
- Arenal Volcano Hike and view point
- Observation of old lava flows
- La Fortuna Waterfalls
- Nice scenic drive through forest and farms
- Relax at the Eco Termales Hot Springs
- Round-trip transportation
- Bilingual Guide
- Volcano Hike entrance fee
- La Fortuna Waterfalls entrance fee
- Eco Termales Hot Springs entrance fee
- Lunch & Dinner
What to Bring
- Comfortable Clothing
- Hiking / Running Shoes
- Rain gear
- Bug repellent
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- All tours are subject to availability.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- An extra transport charge of $50.00 applies for hotels outside La Fortuna (Arenal Observatory Lodge, Arenal Lodge, The Springs Resort & Spa)
- All cancellations must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 72 hours before the tour to receive a full refund.
- Any changes to tours must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 24 hours before the tour, and is subject to availability.
- From December 15th – January 5th (Holiday Season) cancellations must be received at least 7 days before the tour to receive a full refund.
- For events beyond our control we may change to a more-suitable tour with an equal or similar adventure-appeal or offer other tour options, so you don`t miss out on a fun day in Costa Rica. We reserve the right to cancel a trip due to unfavorable conditions & will only run a tour according to our policies. Full refund is given if (on rare occasion) no tour is run.
- No shows of any services purchased, are considered as cancellations and are non-refundable.
- Once travel commences there will be no refunds made on unused portions.