Alajuela & San Jose
Tortuguero National Park Tour
- Departure from : Alajuela & San Jose
- Tour time : 06:00
- Duration : Full Day
- Difficulty Level : Easy
- Minimum Age : 3+
- Notes :
This rain forest journey starts with a drive through Braulio Carrillo National Park, one of the most important rainforest reserves of Costa Rica. On the route to Tortuguero, breakfast will be served. On arrival to Tortuguero, a beautiful area known for its impressive natural richness, you will board a boat for a relaxing ride on the Tortuguero Canals, where you will feel in close contact with nature. Often referred to as the Costa Rica's Amazon jungle, we embark on the most exciting part into the jungle of Tortuguero National Park, where we will learn about how nature works, and to get a real feel of our tropical humid rainforest. Covering 29,000 hectares. Tortuguero is one of the most important nesting sites of Chelonia Midas, the green sea turtle. Where its forests and waterways are home for such endangered mammals such as sloths, monkeys, agoutis, coatimundis and manatees. There are also abundant birds, such as toucans, trogons, egrets, herons and aninghas, as well as crocodiles, turtles and countless colorful butterflies, including blue morpho.
We will enjoy a hearty typical buffet lunch to please the hungriest of appetites, and after lunch we will take a walk through the Tortuguero Village where we will have the opportunity to learn about the history of the town and its inhabitants.
- Boat ride in the Tortuguero Canals
- Beautiful scenic drive through the National Park
- Banana plantations
- Diverse wildlife and vegetation
- Visit to Tortuguero village & National Park
- Breakfast and lunch
- Round trip transportation
- Bilingual guide
- Tortuguero Canals boat ride
- Tortuguero National Park entrance fee
- Tortuguero Village Tour
- Breakfast and Lunch
What to Bring
- Comfortable Clothing
- Closed Toe Shoes / Hiking
- Insect Repellent
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- All tours are subject to availability.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- All cancellations must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 72 hours before the tour to receive a full refund.
- Any changes to tours must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 24 hours before the tour, and is subject to availability.
- From December 15th – January 5th (Holiday Season) cancellations must be received at least 7 days before the tour to receive a full refund.
- For events beyond our control we may change to a more-suitable tour with an equal or similar adventure-appeal or offer other tour options, so you don`t miss out on a fun day in Costa Rica. We reserve the right to cancel a trip due to unfavorable conditions & will only run a tour according to our policies. Full refund is given if (on rare occasion) no tour is run.
- No shows of any services purchased, are considered as cancellations and are non-refundable.
- Once travel commences there will be no refunds made on unused portions.
Other Tours from Alajuela & San Jose
- 1-2 hours