Alajuela & San Jose
Private Tour: San Jose City Explorer
- Departure from : Alajuela & San Jose
- Tour time : 08:30
- Duration : Half Day
- Difficulty Level : Easy
- Minimum Age : 2+
- Notes :
Explore the beautiful city of San Jose with a private guided tour through busy streets, the bustling Central Market, and peaceful parks. Llearn about our culture, architecture, customs and traditions. Touring the main streets and avenues, visit the La Sabana Metropolitan Park, the largest park in the middle of the city, Costa Rican Art Museum, Headquarters of the Costa Rican Soccer Federation.
Next to the National Theater it is the Plaza de la Cultura. A very popular square where different public and open-air activities are carried out daily. Below the square is one of our most important museums. The Gold Museum. This is belonging to the Central Bank of Costa Rica and its own the largest Pre-Columbian Gold pieces found in our country.
After touring San Jose City, enjoy a delicious typical lunch.
After lunch, continue our San Jose City Tour visiting other important areas of our capital city such as Barrio Otoya and Barrio Amon, two of the most traditional neighborhoods, Parque España, Metal School, The Yellow House, The National Center of Culture, The Parque Nacional, Our National Congress, The old Train Station, The National Library, The Electoral Tribunal and Democracy Square, Parque Morazán and Music Temple.
After all this great San Jose City Tour experience, we will bring you back to your hotel.
- Savor the sights and smells of San José’s market and purchase some local snacks
- Take a stroll around Central Park and learn about the National Monument statue
- Stroll around the National Theater and admire the European-style architecture
- Pass by the Pre-Columbian Gold Museum, National Museum, and Supreme Court
- Private Round-trip Transportation
- Private Guide
- Entrance fee to National Museum and tour
- Admire the National Teather Building (no entrance ticket included)
- Water Bottle
What to Bring
- Comfortable Clothing
- Running/Hiking Shoes
- Light Jacket/Rain
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- All tours are subject to availability.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- All cancellations must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 72 hours before the tour to receive a full refund.
- Any changes to tours must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 24 hours before the tour, and is subject to availability.
- From December 15th – January 5th (Holiday Season) cancellations must be received at least 7 days before the tour to receive a full refund.
- For events beyond our control we may change to a more-suitable tour with an equal or similar adventure-appeal or offer other tour options, so you don`t miss out on a fun day in Costa Rica. We reserve the right to cancel a trip due to unfavorable conditions & will only run a tour according to our policies. Full refund is given if (on rare occasion) no tour is run.
- No shows of any services purchased, are considered as cancellations and are non-refundable.
- Once travel commences there will be no refunds made on unused portions.
Other Tours from Alajuela & San Jose
- 1-2 hours