The Explorer: Rainforest & Waterfalls
- Departure from : Jaco
- Tour time : 07:00, 13:00
- Duration : Half Day
- Difficulty Level : Easy
- Minimum Age : 5+
- Notes :
Experience the meaning of ‘Pura Vida’ as this guided trip takes you to the forest in the hills above Jacó Beach to a majestic setting of pure Costa Rican natural harmony. We will take a gorgeous 4×4 drive up the mountain over 2000′. Your guide will stop along the way to point out interesting flora and fauna. You will be able to view and experience over ten waterfalls that flow from one beautiful pool into the next. These natural pools will invite you to swim in the fresh mountain spring water and submerge under the falls becoming one with nature. You can stay on the trail or with just average balance we can walk up through the river from one waterfall to the next enjoying each pool as we go. For the more adventurous their are a couple of places you can jump into the pools from up to 20’! The healing power of standing under the falls and allowing the water to massage your body will both relax and rejuvenate your senses. During the entire tour we are totally surrounded by beautiful Costa Rica virgin rainforest.
This tour includes short hikes out to the falls, and your guide will show you how to safely navigate the jungle trails and the rocks around the falls. Bring your camera and your guide will keep it in a dry bag and make sure you get all those amazing pictures!
- Ride in a 4x4 vehicle through Costa Rican backcountry
- Enjoy a view from 2000 feet above sea level
- Enjoy over 10 waterfalls
- Jump into the pools from 20 feet!
- Round trip transportation
- Bilingual Guide
- Waterfall entrance fee
- Breakfast or Lunch
What to Bring
- Clothes to get wet in
- Change of clothes for after the tour
- Closed Shoes (water sandal/shoes)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- All tours are subject to availability.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- All cancellations must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 72 hours before the tour to receive a full refund.
- Any changes to tours must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 24 hours before the tour, and is subject to availability.
- From December 15th – January 5th (Holiday Season) cancellations must be received at least 7 days before the tour to receive a full refund.
- For events beyond our control we may change to a more-suitable tour with an equal or similar adventure-appeal or offer other tour options, so you don`t miss out on a fun day in Costa Rica. We reserve the right to cancel a trip due to unfavorable conditions & will only run a tour according to our policies. Full refund is given if (on rare occasion) no tour is run.
- No shows of any services purchased, are considered as cancellations and are non-refundable.
- Once travel commences there will be no refunds made on unused portions.
Other Tours from Jaco
- 1-2 hours