Alajuela & San Jose
Private Tour: Poas Volcano National Park
- Departure from : Alajuela & San Jose
- Tour time : 07:30, 14:30
- Duration : 1-2 hours
- Difficulty Level : Easy
- Minimum Age : 1+
- Notes :
Enjoy this half-day tour of the Poas Volcano National Park where your adventure begins with a relaxing private 90 minute drive through the wonderful Costa Rican countryside. Enjoy beautiful scenery of the countryside with multiple Dairy Farms, Tropical Flowers Nurseries, Strawberries Plantations, Cheese Factories, picturesque souvenir stores and small local vendors. Taste the local flavors and give yourself a chance to try a Prestiño, a very traditional tin pastry cover with a special typical syrup made in the sugar mills.
Once at the Poas Volcano National Park, we'll visit the crater in small group format accompanied with the park ranger for about 30 minutes per group for security reasons. Poas is an active volcano, that has erupted 40 times since 1828. It has an elevation of 2.708 meter above sea level (8.885 feet). There are two crater lakes near the summit.
The northern lake, Laguna Caliente is located at a height of 2,300m in a crater approximately 1.7 km wide and about 300m deep. It is one of the world's most acidic lakes and possibly the largest crater in the world. Lake Botos, the southern lake, fills an inactive crater, which last erupted in 7500 BC. It is cold and clear, and is surrounded by a cloud forest within the National Park boundaries.
Poas Volcano National Park is the most visited one by locals and international tourist from all over the world and a hald day tour is enough for enjoy it. After the park visit, we will include short stops at different local attractions such as souvenir stores, dairy farms and small restaurants.
- Explore Poás Volcano National Park
- Visit the crater in small groups accompanied by a park ranger
- Short stops at different local attractions such as souvenir stores, dairy farms & restaurants
- Private Round trip transportation
- Bilingual Park Ranger Guide
- Entrance fee
- Water Bottle
What to Bring
- Comfortable Clothing
- Running/Hking Shoes
- Light Jacket/Rain
- Insect Repellent
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- All tours are subject to availability.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- All cancellations must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 72 hours before the tour to receive a full refund.
- Any changes to tours must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 24 hours before the tour, and is subject to availability.
- From December 15th – January 5th (Holiday Season) cancellations must be received at least 7 days before the tour to receive a full refund.
- For events beyond our control we may change to a more-suitable tour with an equal or similar adventure-appeal or offer other tour options, so you don`t miss out on a fun day in Costa Rica. We reserve the right to cancel a trip due to unfavorable conditions & will only run a tour according to our policies. Full refund is given if (on rare occasion) no tour is run.
- No shows of any services purchased, are considered as cancellations and are non-refundable.
- Once travel commences there will be no refunds made on unused portions.
Other Tours from Alajuela & San Jose