Alajuela & San Jose
Pacuare River Rafting Tour (class III-IV)
- Departure from : Alajuela & San Jose
- Tour time : 06:30
- Duration : Full Day
- Difficulty Level : Moderate
- Minimum Age : 12+
- Notes :
Rafting on the Pacuare River – rated one of the top rivers in the world – is an amazing Costa Rica day trip. You’ll raft through incredible rainforest on 19 miles of Class III-IV whitewater. Cascading waterfalls, lush forest, exotic plants, birds and other animals, and exciting rapids make this a tropical adventure packed with rich experiences that you’ll remember forever. Our professional, certified rafting guides will outfit you with all necessary equipment, give you a comprehensive rafting safety talk, and instruct you on paddling basics. Then, you and your group will launch your raft and begin to paddle deep into the heart of one of Costa Rica’s most impressive primary rainforests. It’s an adrenaline-packed day running the Pacuare’s renowned rapids. At the end of your rafting trip, you’ll return to our Operations Center for a delicious hot lunch, and time to shower and change clothes. Then you’ll return by bus to San Jose, enjoying beautiful views along the way. This unforgettable trip will be the highlight of your time in Costa Rica!
- Costa Rica Rafting on 1 of the top rivers worldwide
- Nice scenic drive to Pacuare River
- Rainforest tropical scenery on the river banks
- 18 miles with 52 Class III and IV rapids
- 4 hours approx. on the river
- Wildlife can be spotted along the river
- Round trip transportation
- Bilingual guides
- All equipment needed
- Costa Rica Rafting tour
- Breakfast and Lunch
What to Bring
- Clothes to get wet in
- Closed Shoe/ Water Sandal
- Change of clothes for after the tour
- Go pro camera
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- All tours are subject to availability.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- All cancellations must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 72 hours before the tour to receive a full refund.
- Any changes to tours must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 24 hours before the tour, and is subject to availability.
- From December 15th – January 5th (Holiday Season) cancellations must be received at least 7 days before the tour to receive a full refund.
- For events beyond our control we may change to a more-suitable tour with an equal or similar adventure-appeal or offer other tour options, so you don`t miss out on a fun day in Costa Rica. We reserve the right to cancel a trip due to unfavorable conditions & will only run a tour according to our policies. Full refund is given if (on rare occasion) no tour is run.
- No shows of any services purchased, are considered as cancellations and are non-refundable.
- Once travel commences there will be no refunds made on unused portions.
Other Tours from Alajuela & San Jose
- 1-2 hours