Monteverde Cloud Forest Hike + SkyTrek Zip Lining
- Departure from : Monteverde
- Tour time : 07:30, 13:30
- Duration : Full Day
- Difficulty Level : Easy and Moderate
- Minimum Age : 6+
- Notes : Please note that the zip lining portion of this tour is not private.
On the first half of this tour, we'll be going on a beautiful hike inside the Monteverde Cloudforest with a private guide means you can go where you want, when you want—and get undivided attention from your guide along the way. As you hike, your guide helps you spot wildlife like birds, sloths, and monkeys that you might miss on your own and provides tons of information about the local ecosystem.
Let an expert naturalist guide show you highlights of one of the world’s most biodiverse forests on a private 3 hour guided tour of the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. Hike along the park’s nature trails and suspended bridges to observe all levels of this amazing Costa Rican ecosystem, from the forest floor to the treetop canopy.
We'll then stop for a nice local Costa Rican lunch before going on the second portion of this tour, a thrilling zip line circuit that’s located in the magical forests of Monteverde. Your tour will start riding an open-air gondola from the ground to the highest point of the mountain where you’ll be dropped off at an observation area to admire fantastic views of the surrounding forests, the Arenal Volcano on one horizon, the gulf of Nicoya at the other. From this point, you will start riding down a unique zipline circuit that stretches across canyons, going from one mountain to another, and in between treetops. It truly is an exhilarating adventure of zip lining down the mountains. At our Sky Trek in Monteverde, you ride the tram up the mountain, and then get back to the base riding our thrilling ziplines, making it a perfect adventure activity with no walking segments – get off and jump on to the next cable. You’ll ride 7 cables that go up to 100m (328ft) in height and 750m (2460ft) in length where you will be astounded by its impressive heights, speeds that go up to 70km/h (43.5mph), views, and because you will be able to admire the surrounding mountains like in no other place.
- Visit to the famous Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- Experience the amazing Cloud Forest ecosystem
- Native wildlife and exotic birds
- Thrilling Zip line Circuit
- Riding an open-air gondola from the ground to the highest point of the mountain
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Private Round trip transportation
- Private Guide inside the Monteverde Cloud Forest Hike
- Entrance fees Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- Entrance Fees SkyTrek (Group)
What to Bring
- Comfortable Clothing
- Closed Toe Walking/Hiking Shoes
- Rain Jacket
- Insect Repellent
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- All tours are subject to availability.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- All cancellations must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 72 hours before the tour to receive a full refund.
- Any changes to tours must be sent via email to [email protected] at least 24 hours before the tour, and is subject to availability.
- From December 15th – January 5th (Holiday Season) cancellations must be received at least 7 days before the tour to receive a full refund.
- For events beyond our control we may change to a more-suitable tour with an equal or similar adventure-appeal or offer other tour options, so you don`t miss out on a fun day in Costa Rica. We reserve the right to cancel a trip due to unfavorable conditions & will only run a tour according to our policies. Full refund is given if (on rare occasion) no tour is run.
- No shows of any services purchased, are considered as cancellations and are non-refundable.
- Once travel commences there will be no refunds made on unused portions.
Other Tours from Monteverde
- Easy and Moderate